Sunday, January 15, 2012

{It's New To Me}

I don't have any pics to add yet since they are on my phone and I am so behind on getting them to the computer - along with the ones from my camera.

Sooooo sleepy. I haven't gotten a good nights sleep like I used to for weeks now and it's getting old.

Totally rambling here.

So.
New for me:

Got a new calling today. Activity Days leader. So excited!! I've never had that calling before so I am looking forward to the challenge!

A new/different kind of sacrament meeting today. It was awesome. Our bishop had seen it being done in other wards and wanted to try it. It's like testimony meeting only it's based on the hymns. The counselor who was conducting today stood and explained what was going to happen (he had talked with the organist and chorister earlier in the week) and then started us off. He just said what his favorite hymn was and why and then we sang the first 2 verses. Then he turned the time to the congregation and people just took turns going up and saying what their hymn was and why. Some were short and some had more explantion, and like when my dad got up and explained why the "Spirit of God" was special to him,he asked for the 1st & 4th verses to be sung. A few people did that. 2 specific verses, but most were just the 1st 2 in the hymn. We never had a second of dead time. In fact, for the last few hymns, we only sang 1 verse because there was a little line waiting their turn in the front bench. The Spirit was strong and it was a great respite from the norm.

New favorite quote. We went to see "War Horse" yesterday for a matinee. Oh. My. What a long movie and I could write a whole post on why I didn't like it, but I won't. There was a scene though, when the husband and wife are talking and he is so depressed at the choices and mistakes he's made and telling her that he wouldn't be surprised if she hated him, etc. She says to him (unofficial quote since it's from my muddled memory) - "I can hate you more, yes - but I can't love you any less." Loved it. I mean, I'm sorry, but when families are close, we - at least I -feel that way sometimes. Especially when someone has made me mad or disappointed me. Truth there.

Not-so-new addiction: Vampire Diaries!! I've watched it on Netflix the past few weeks. LOVE. LOVE. L O V E. I thinks it's because of Stefan. Or maybe Damon. Yah. Stefan and Damon.
Anyway, more on this later.

I know that there were a couple more "new"s I wanted to share, but my brain is shutting down now, and I need to get some sleep. Got a board meeting first thing in the morning.
Yay me.

3 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Loved your post! I wish like crazy that you could be Lisa's activity day leader! You are going to be AMAZING!!!! Loves!!!

mom and dad said...

CONGRATULATIONS NICKI DEAN ON YOUR NEW CALLING. YOU WILL BE AWSOME. YES ALSO LOVED THE SACRAMENT MEETING YESTERDAY. LOVED ALL THE HYMNS AND IT WAS EVEN BETTER THAN TALKS. HOPE WE DO IT AGAIN VERY SOON. THANKS FOR POSTING. LOVE YA

Mom/Oma said...

p.s. just so you know, that mom and dad is actually Uncle Floy and Aunt RaeDean). And I will DITTO what they said anyway. And, Love you more!