Monday, January 30, 2012

{And If You Have A Minute}


I have had this song stuck in my head for days and days.
It makes me wistful for some reason.  
Maybe because they used it in the preview for the new version of the Winnie the Pooh movie and that takes me back to my childhood.
Maybe I'm just a baby.
Maybe I just want to feel wistful.
Maybe I just love it so I thought I'd share it.


I have had several thoughts throughout this week, and wanted to share.  Unfortunately, I can't think of what they are now.
I'm thoughtless.
So-
I will share this quote from my Dad's Gospel Doctrine class yesterday.
"I have sometimes wondered what would have happened if Nephi had asked the Lord for tools instead of a place to find the ore to make the tools. I doubt the Lord would have honored Nephi’s request. You see, the Lord knew that Nephi could make the tools, and it is seldom the Lord will do something for us that we can do for ourselves."  (L. Tom Perry)
It sure made me think.
I know I ask my Heavenly Father for many things to help me get through life as a single mom.  I just hope that I have not been asking Him for things that I can do for myself. 
amen.


p.s.- no, I don't know why there are the weird alien guys in the video.
p.p.s.- Here is the Glee version if you would like to compare.  It's lovely.

1 comment:

MariePhotographie said...

We talked about that same exact thing in our Gospel Doctrine class yesterday, and it made me think too. Nephi was sure was incredible. I'm blown away by his faith every time I revisit those stories.